- Bern is the Harvard Assistant Sailing Coach. He started teaching children how to sail at the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club 32 years ago. Bern has been teaching beginners to sail ever since.
- Collegiate Coach for 27 years. Coached more than 35 All-Americans, 5 College Sailors of the Year. His teams have won 9 separate ICSA (Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association) Championships and 5 Fowle Trophies for the best performance by a team in the ICSA Championships.
- Single-handed coach for the US Sailing Elite Youth Development Team and the Under 18 and Under 23 US Sailing Team from 2007 to 2009.
- Graduated from Yale University and was Commodore of the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club.
- Bern and his wife Riza are the parents of two boys, Paco, 17 years old, and Nico, 15 years old.
- more ...
- Victoria is a junior at Washington University in St Louis where she majors in the Pre-dental sciences with a minor in business.
- Victoria is a proud graduate of the Crimson Sailing Academy. This will be her third year teaching at the academy.
- At Washington University, Victoria sings with the acapella group, The Ghost Lights, and plays percussion with CRASH at Wash U.
- Victoria graduated from Winchester High School with honors.
- Victoria's other interests include volleyball, percussion and scuba diving.
- Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Certified.
- Matt is a sophomore at Colgate University.
- He studied at Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, where he graduated with honors.
- Matt started sailing when he was 9 years old at the Orleans Yacht Club in Orleans, MA. He spent the next five summers sailing with the club, working through the beginner, intermediate, and advanced programs. He also completed their 420 advanced program.
- Matt is competent in Mandarin Chinese and is a PADI certified Level 2 Open Water Scuba Diver.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified.
Our instructors' certifications include CPR, First Aid, US Sailing Level One and Two Instructor, and Lifeguarding.