The Advanced Team Racing Clinic is a three-day clinic designed for the high school, junior sailing or college club team racer who wants to raise his/her game to a higher level. The clinic will cover the fundamental attitude, the overall plan and the fine details of execution required to team race at the highest level. These three elements have been the foundation for success for teams in high school, college and at the international level. The clinic will include classroom, video, and on-the-water sessions. Sailing will take place in Harvard's fleet of FJ dinghies. Come as a skipper, pair or team. A minimum of 6 boats is required for the clinic to proceed. No housing is provided.
This clinic is designed for participants who have team raced before and have a basic understanding of team racing theory and techniques. They should be looking to learn the sophisticated strategies and high level execution required to be successful in collegiate team racing. This is not an introductory clinic.
Skippers can register without a crew, although we recommend that skippers come with a crew. If skippers come alone, skippers must be prepared to split their time between crewing and skippering. Crews must come with a skipper.
Space is limited and will be reserved on a first-come first-served basis. A minimum of 12 sailors (6 boats) is required for the clinic to proceed. The first 18 sailors (9 boats) registered are guaranteed a slot. The clinic may be expanded, to a maximum of 38 sailors providing additional coaches are available.
Clinic Status (pending/will proceed): will proceed : expanded to 26 sailors
Number of Sailors registered: 26 : Clinic Full - waitlist only
- August 21 - 23, Tuesday - Thursday
- 9:00-4:00 Clinic at Sailing Center
Fee: $300 per sailor. $280 if registered before July 21.
- Must be of high school age. (14+ years)
- Skippers may sign up alone. Although it is highly recommended that you attend with your crew for a more productive clinic.
- Crew must sign up with their skipper.
Registration - Three Requirements
The sailor must be at least 14 years old.
To reserve a spot, full payment must be made. If paying by credit card, please email us so we can send you a link for payment. If paying by check, make the check payable to Crimson Sailing Academy. Mail all materials toCrimson Sailing Academy
P.O. Box 335
Belmont, MA 02478
The clinic registration form must be completed:
This is a day clinic only. No accommodations are provided. Housing in the Cambridge/Boston area can be expensive. We recommend booking your housing early. The Internet websites are a good source for deals on hotels.
- Registrations cancelled 30 days prior to the clinic start date will receive a refund less a $30 processing fee.
- Registrations cancelled within 30 days of the clinic will not receive a refund.
Bring to Clinic
Please bring the following personal items to make the experience more enjoyable.
- appropriate sailing clothes required (for Spring clinic, wetsuit or drysuit is required)
- a bailer (laundry detergent jug with bottom cut off)
- a hat
- change of clothes
- a towel
- for the ATR clinic bring notebook and writing implement to take notes
Please bring lunch. Refrigeration is available. Lunchtime is sometime between 12:00 and 2:00 pm.
Valuables may be stored in lockers at the sailing center. You must provide your own padlock.